WHAT IS KETAMINE POWDER
Ketamine is used by medical practitioners and veterinarians as an anaesthetic. It is sometimes used illegally by people to get high.
Ketamine can produce psychedelic effects, causing a person to see, hear, smell, feel or taste things that aren’t really there or are different from how they are in reality.
When it’s sold illegally, ketamine usually comes as a white crystalline powder. It can also be made into tablets and pills, or dissolved in a liquid.1
A number of clinical trials and studies are currently being undertaken to assess ketamine as a treatment for depression, early indications are showing good results. Ketamine powder IS THE MOST USED FOR NOW
Special K, K, ket, kitkat, super k, horse tranquilliser or horse trank.
How is Ketamine powder used?
Ketamine can be swallowed, snorted or injected. It is also sometimes smoked with cannabis or tobacco. The effects of ketamine may be experienced within 30 seconds if injected, 5–10 minutes if snorted, and up to 20 minutes if swallowed. The effects of ketamine can last for approximately 45 to 90 minutes
Using ketamine with other drugs
The effects of taking ketamine with other drugs– including over-the-counter or prescribed medications – can be unpredictable and dangerous, and could cause:
- Ketamine + alcohol or opiates: lack of awareness of effects of the depressant drugs, which may lead to taking too much and vomiting, slowed breathing, coma and death.5
- Ketamine + amphetamines, ecstasy and cocaine: enormous strain on the body, which can lead to fast heart rate.
What does it look like?
- A clear liquid, when used in medicine
- A grainy white or brown crystalline powder when sold on the street
- Tablets, although this is less common
What does it taste/smell like?
Ketamine tastes bitter and unpleasant.